Just Switched To Fyde OS

Hello everyone, I just switched to Fyde OS. I have been trying to use Fyde OS for a few months now. Though every time I tried Fyde OS it would install but then lock up after installation.

Though with the new 3rd-8th gen Intel CPU build, my laptop is finally is able to run Fyde OS without locking up. So far everything has been running smoothly on my end. My laptop runs cooler, faster, & like it’s brand new. Most important part is that Fyde OS pretty much covers the whole entire. Chrome OS experience without needing a Chromebook.

So I am extremely happy with the install & the new 3rd-8th gen intel CPU build since my laptop finally runs Fyde OS.

Though there is 2 issues that I hope will eventually be fixed in like a later kernel update or something.

1. Is that my Wifi won’t restart after waking up from sleep mode. It will keep trying to connect to the internet but can’t. Though so far the temporary fix I found was to disable sleep mode in the settings & just have the laptop turn off the screen.

2. Sometimes I get screen flickering/I guess you could say black screen tears. Though eh it seems 100% random truthfully & haven’t figured out a cause for it but like I said it’s so far from what I have seen completely random & only happens for like a brief second. So assuming maybe a future kernel update will fix the issue but not sure.

Also here is my laptop specs

• 15.6” FHD Display, 1920 x 1080
  • Intel® Core™ i7-6660U Processor (2.4GHz, Up to 3.40GHz)
  • Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 540
  • 256 Solid State Drive
  • 8GB Memory (RAM)
  • Realtek rtl8821ce (Wifi Driver)

Anyway other then the 2 issues I mentioned I am in love with Fyde OS & hopping to see it continue improving & supporting more hardware down the road hopefully.

Final Edit: Think I finally figured out the screen tearing I disabled virtualization in bios yeah that means I can’t use linux/crostini but I at least have access to android apps. So eh yeah I am assuming that’s something that will be fixed in a future kernel update if my assumption is that it’s the kernel causing those screen tearing issues with virtualization turned on in my bios.

2 个赞

I don’t know if I can reply to my own thread but I solved the screen tearing issue with linux subsytem enabled. If anyone else is having issues with screen tearing/flickering.

I went to here chrome://flags/#crostini-gpu-support (copy & paste into the browser) & enabled this chrome flag. Now the screen tearing/flickering is gone. Also you may need to do a full restart to see changes.