Android applications do not start after installing Linux (beta)

Laptop: HP ProBook 440 G4
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620
Main OS: Windows 10 (Version 10.0.18363.1198)
Space Disk for FydeOS: 50 Gb
FydeOS version: FydeOS v11.2 (FydeOS unlicensed version) Platform 13421.23.11.11 (64-bit)

After installing FydeOS, I successfully installed Open GApps and installed several Android apps (apk files). Everything worked great.

But, when I decided to install Linux, ALL Android applications stopped starting after system reboot:

I specifically login under a new FydeOS account (before that there was an account from Google) and tried to install Open GApps and applications again. Everything worked fine, tried to reboot the system 5 times.

But, as soon as I installed Linux, after rebooting the system, ALL Android applications stopped running again (screenshots above).

Even uninstalling Linux and reinstalling Open GApps did not even help, applications also did not start after system reboot.

I found a similar unanswered issue which is listed here (06.10.2020): Android app does not start

It seems that in my case Linux and Android are in conflict and cannot work in a single mode.

Please help solve the problem, perhaps it is massive.

We have been unable to reproduce the issue that you’ve reported.

When Android crashed, it helps to check if the entire Android subsystem had gone down, by checking the Chromium’s task manager (3dots -> More tools -> Task manager and see if there are any Android related process).

This may well be a RAM issue where both subsystems running in parallel eats up all of your RAM causing one of them crashed, or:

Open GApps is an experimental process, it may turn the Android subsystem unstable and unfortunately we can only support what we ship.

In my case, I looked at the task manager, and when the Android subsystem starts, it appears in the list for a few seconds and disappears (screenshot below).

I forgot to write in the first post, I have 16 GB of RAM on my laptop, and it is unlikely that the problem is that it is not enough to run Linux and Android.

In the near future, I will try to do all the operations without installing Open GApps.

Thanks for the advice.

I have the same issue and have not installed GApps nor Linux, just a fresh intallation of the OS and after a few launches, the apps keep trying to load in an infinite loop.
Some advise?

1 个赞

would be helpful to have your hardware spec and a screenshot of the task manager when android apps kept loading